Acerbus Amor

About Me

My photo
I have have written various different styles of poems over the years just as a means of relaxation or and outlet of sorts. Most of these Poems have been thrown away, deleted or simply written and sent off into cyberspace never to be seen again. After a lot of consideration and some encouragement by those close to me, I am now cataloging all my latest Poems on this blog. I am also moving the Poems to http://thedreamerthewarrior.com and http://dreamerloverwarrior.blogspot.com My goal here is to begin to capture my work for others to enjoy and perhaps for me to compile into a book some day.. For now, I hope you enjoy the Poems as they come, feel free to 0ntact me anytime if you have any questions or would like to link to my site. Please respect all copy write privileges. Any and all comments are welcome and greatly appreciated. It's great to see what others feel when they read the Poems and how they may interpret them. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

PURPOSE

Born unto us what gives me the right
To steal amongst men my ability to fight
To take from the heart of another man's foe
to give purpose and meaning to hardship and woe
A will like iron and mortal rules, to deny our fate would make us fools
A beautiful woman aged just right, silky smooth and hair of night
walking though darkness with blinding fare, Golden lace amidst her hair
A single gem in the darkest of night, it is a guide like the brightest of lights.
Follow the melody so sweet, to smell the flowers that lay at her feet
I make my path with each waking day, eyes wide open to show me the way
For every word and breath I take, for every promise in life I make
I keep my oath and hold it still, for life shall take it's fill
Steady my hand and give me your pain, for my life shall not be in vain
My purpose here and promise I make, my life I give for you to take.
Taken from me to make you whole, your happiness is my only goal
I use to love my time on this earth, but now I understand my birth
The reasons I have come to be, so difficult still for me to see
In time it will become clear, as life grows shorter year after year.


- Acerbus Amor


Location:Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment