Acerbus Amor

About Me

My photo
I have have written various different styles of poems over the years just as a means of relaxation or and outlet of sorts. Most of these Poems have been thrown away, deleted or simply written and sent off into cyberspace never to be seen again. After a lot of consideration and some encouragement by those close to me, I am now cataloging all my latest Poems on this blog. I am also moving the Poems to http://thedreamerthewarrior.com and http://dreamerloverwarrior.blogspot.com My goal here is to begin to capture my work for others to enjoy and perhaps for me to compile into a book some day.. For now, I hope you enjoy the Poems as they come, feel free to 0ntact me anytime if you have any questions or would like to link to my site. Please respect all copy write privileges. Any and all comments are welcome and greatly appreciated. It's great to see what others feel when they read the Poems and how they may interpret them. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

VALENTINES (A Poetic Response)

Rose: "Since it's coming up. Can you write about Valentines day? Or something to that occasion?"

Response:

Valentines day, so what is it? For real?
Do we even know how it makes us feel?
Do you follow suite just as they say?
Or beat your own drum, your own way?
To me, nothing is worse than what is expected.
To bow to what others have erected.
Valentines day should be about Love
It's a feeling of lightness; to fly like a dove
To forgive those around you who cause you pain
Not to search for Love in vain
Love is tricky and difficult to gage
It's hard to understand at any age
So broad in nature yet sharp as a blade
It's the stuff from which legends are made
To look into your eyes and see
A glimpse of the soul, happy and free
It is a rare thing it's true
For love is not found, it finds you
It defines you, refines you until you grow old
It is the core of our being, the essence of our soul
Whether we like or love it is always same
The passions that drive us can never be tamed
If Love finds you may it never leave
For the rest of your life shall you grieve
And for now I leave you in time
For you to find your true love....your Valentine

- Acerbus Amor

Location:Cleveland, Ohio

1 comment: