Acerbus Amor

About Me

My photo
I have have written various different styles of poems over the years just as a means of relaxation or and outlet of sorts. Most of these Poems have been thrown away, deleted or simply written and sent off into cyberspace never to be seen again. After a lot of consideration and some encouragement by those close to me, I am now cataloging all my latest Poems on this blog. I am also moving the Poems to http://thedreamerthewarrior.com and http://dreamerloverwarrior.blogspot.com My goal here is to begin to capture my work for others to enjoy and perhaps for me to compile into a book some day.. For now, I hope you enjoy the Poems as they come, feel free to 0ntact me anytime if you have any questions or would like to link to my site. Please respect all copy write privileges. Any and all comments are welcome and greatly appreciated. It's great to see what others feel when they read the Poems and how they may interpret them. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

DRAGON

How do I put to words what I feel when words do not compare?
What words can describe my fear when stuck in the Dragons Lair?
The scent of death and darkness from whence the dragon came.
it matters not the Dragons size the fear is still the same
Escape is not an option when so deep within the rock
I count my days in this Stoney hall with markings made of chalk.
The Dragon comes to eat here once each and every day
I have seen it for so long I can describe in every way
The way it carries it's victims alive into it's nest
This I do believe is to keep the next meal fresh
Dark and damp scales, with colors bluish black
The markings ever so brightly lit running down the dragons back
Studded strips of diamond and gold lining the very tips
Some larger scales missing from the dragons many trips
In and out of the cave through tight and narrow way
feeding on her victims here each and every day
The bowl like protrusions on the sides of her jaw
The mixing pots to make the flames the hottest I ever saw
The tail is formidable with spikes like that of a mace
One switch of her killer tail will likely win the race
Every spike the size of a king's warrior's lance
The Dragons eyes oh so green can place you in a trance
To see the Dragon face to face no one has lived to tell
Except for me and now I am trapped in this living hell
If only I could get these tools and make some dragon reins
But getting closer to that Dragon is going to be insane!
With nearly a bite and a swipe of her tail
I jumped on her back and off we sailed
She kicked and bucked and fire bellows
The cave lit up with blues and yellows
As the rising tides within her throat
Set fire to the Dragons moat
It lit with flames of green, blue, yellow and of gold
The sounds of her Dragon growls, I realize this was bold
Yet hanging on to those makeshift reins I pulled her into flight
She kicked and fought but still I won pulling with all my might
We soared up through the rock with sounds of anger and fear
But as we broke the crest of the stone I knew submission was near.
Soon that beast was harkening to my every tug and pull
All I had to do is hope and pray she did not have a bull
Out of the rock and into the suns rays we slowly glide
Against her will the glorious beast has taken me for a ride
It seems as though I may yet live through my perilous endeavor
But getting of this Dragon I had better be most clever
For now I am but a man upon this wonderful, glorious beast
Soon we catch our prey and I shall witness the Dragons feast!


- Acerbus Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment