Acerbus Amor

About Me

My photo
I have have written various different styles of poems over the years just as a means of relaxation or and outlet of sorts. Most of these Poems have been thrown away, deleted or simply written and sent off into cyberspace never to be seen again. After a lot of consideration and some encouragement by those close to me, I am now cataloging all my latest Poems on this blog. I am also moving the Poems to http://thedreamerthewarrior.com and http://dreamerloverwarrior.blogspot.com My goal here is to begin to capture my work for others to enjoy and perhaps for me to compile into a book some day.. For now, I hope you enjoy the Poems as they come, feel free to 0ntact me anytime if you have any questions or would like to link to my site. Please respect all copy write privileges. Any and all comments are welcome and greatly appreciated. It's great to see what others feel when they read the Poems and how they may interpret them. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

SOUL SEARCH

It seems so hard to search the soul, especially now as the young grow old.
To carry this weight from old time past; freedom for our lives at last
Only if we listen well for the feelings in our hearts can tell
To see if this day was meant to be so; to set you loose & watch you go
My heart grows weary with every thought; my love for you has been for naught
You speak to reasons I cannot see but know in your heart you wish to be free
I only ask you hear me out to understand what this is about
I struggle to say these things to thee; my fear for you for her and me
I cannot give and not receive to share my love without reprieve
You take my heart and steal it true; perhaps my heart is not for you
I cherish you of whom I trust, it is for you I do as I must
I do not know why you treat me like this, avoid my love and dodge my kiss
The passion gone it's sad to say, what have I done to drive you away?
You carry on like nothing is wrong yet pain is where I start my song
To fear I'll lose my loving friend, it's hard to see this to its end
If only a way to bring you back; but years of talk could not do that.
I will not close this book or page with hate or sadness, Love or rage
I only wish to search your soul and know your honest heartfelt goal
Tell me where you heart still stands; I will embrace you with my hands
And help along this weary way for all to find a better day.



- Acerbus Amor

Location:Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment