Acerbus Amor

About Me

My photo
I have have written various different styles of poems over the years just as a means of relaxation or and outlet of sorts. Most of these Poems have been thrown away, deleted or simply written and sent off into cyberspace never to be seen again. After a lot of consideration and some encouragement by those close to me, I am now cataloging all my latest Poems on this blog. I am also moving the Poems to http://thedreamerthewarrior.com and http://dreamerloverwarrior.blogspot.com My goal here is to begin to capture my work for others to enjoy and perhaps for me to compile into a book some day.. For now, I hope you enjoy the Poems as they come, feel free to 0ntact me anytime if you have any questions or would like to link to my site. Please respect all copy write privileges. Any and all comments are welcome and greatly appreciated. It's great to see what others feel when they read the Poems and how they may interpret them. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BASILISK

Lurking in the dark dank waters south of fisherman's lane
Lays an evil sinister beast for which none have been known to have slain
Its teeth are vast in number with the sharpness of a blade
Of all the creatures on the earth, why was this one ever made?
Although it's scaly features can be bright and beautiful true
The darkness from which does birth this beast is evil through and through
It lingers in the depths of the lake waiting for its prey
I am not so sure I'll ever see it, perhaps I will today.
As I paddle my boat across the lake with hopes of getting a sighting
That damn creature must know I am here, I hear the victim that it's biting.
I boat across every day yet still I have not seen
That giant snake like creature with its scales of jungle green
So be wary if you're crossing near the caves within the mist
For you my sad unfortunate friend shall meet the Basilisk.


- Acerbus Amor

Location:Cleveland, Ohio

1 comment:

  1. That was awesome. I see,feel every word you read. I wish I could write like that. Very good.

    ReplyDelete